Sunday, September 26, 2010

Rain Makes Corn

9 Ways to Sin With Alcohol  ***Plus a Side Note***
From Midtown Fellowship


1. Get Drunk - Ephesians 5:18

2. Drink underage - Romans 13:1-2

3. Cause someone else to struggle - Romans14:15,21

4. Drink out of rebellion - 1 Corinthians 6:12

5. Abstain out of self-righteousness - Isaiah 55:6

6. Violate your conscience - Romans 14:22-23

7. Push your conscience on others - Romans 14:1-3

8. Be mastered by addiction - 1 Corinthians 6:12

9. Drink without acknowledging God - 1 Corinthians 10:31

Side note: Met a homeless man tonight named M***. I saw him at church just dancing and worshiping God. It was a huge inspiration to me and I thought I should tell him that I was inspired by him. I didn't know he was homeless at the time I saw him dancing, and it was only after going up and meeting him that he told me that he was homeless. Got him some food and just learned some more about him. He's desperate for a job but loves Jesus. I could tell then that our meeting was because God was pushing hard on my heart. He's going to be sleeping on the streets tonight because there is no place for him to go, and before our meeting he couldn't remember the last time he ate.

What's wrong with this picture? A fellow brother in Christ doesn't have a place to sleep tonight, and the only food he has for the foreseeable future is two bags of  potato chips from Subway.

Do something Church.

For His renown

1 comment:

  1. Funny how it just keeps on coming up how we actually ARE our brother's keeper huh? What is God saying to ya brother?

    Personally, your side note is the MAIN NOTE of your post this time in my opinion. Love ya man!

    ReplyDelete